Followers

Thursday 5 April 2012

GSE Brazil 2012 hit the headlines! -by Kelly


I just had to share with you the celebrity status the GSE team had in Rio Branco! As Steve mentioned in his last blog, we have appeared on Government Websites, TV news and radio interviews. Well things progressed a little further before we left, on Tuesday, there was an article published in the Rio Branco news about our visit to the government office. Then on Wednesday morning before we left Rio Branco, I received a text message from Ursy to say I had made front page of the Rio Branco news!! Famous at last! This article was written in relation to my visit to a Young Offenders Institute for young offenders on Tuesday.
Then just as we were about to leave Rio Branco, Steve and Ursy were approached by somebody who recognised them from the TV, that to me is certainly A List celebrity status! I hope our friends and family remember this upon our return...(of course I am joking) but I do think it is safe to say we left our mark in Rio Branco, and Rio Branco will certainly have a lasting impression on me, it was one of the most wonderful, inspirational weeks of my life....on to the next stop!

1 comment:

  1. We always knew you were a superstar Kelly!
    A & S

    XXXX

    ReplyDelete